Stand Up For Who You Are!

If someone tries to bring you down, hold your head higher & smile

People get picked on & bullied for many different things. It could be something as simple as the clothes you wear or your style of hair, to the colour of your skin or the person you choose to love, whether it be a man or a woman.
I'm one of those people. However, I just think I have a flashing neon sign above my head saying "Pick On Me!" as I've no idea why people choose to bully me. I'm just trying to be myself! And that's just it! No matter what you do, how many times you colour your hair, or change your clothing style, some people will just walk right over you.
So, what do we do?
We have to learn to stand up for ourselves, because it's our right to have the freedom to live as we are. We shouldn't have to change ourselves in any sort of way, except to gain a bit of confidence & build on our self esteem.

My blog is about how I try to be me, trying to be the best I can be!

I promise you this is not a super depressing blog, because I sure as hell ain't a depressed person, though, I do have my moments, just as everyone else does.
This is where I will be 100% myself, expressing my thoughts & feelings on different matters & also my daily life.

What I hope to do here on this blog, is to put a smile on your face &, hopefully, let you know it's okay to be yourself; to be proud of who you are!

If you do read my blog & you find that you find what I say has some truth to it, or my wackiness & randomness of my true self puts a good smile on your face, please don't hesitate to comment & let me know! Putting a smile on someone's face is always the best thing! It'd make my day! :)

Well, I hope you enjoy my blog... Have a good day! :)


Wednesday 13 June 2012

Today...!

Today, I got up at 8am and, as usual, I served breakfast to the Bed & Breakfast guests. Afterwards, I talked to some elderly guests from New Zealand.
They were lovely! Sometimes, it's sad to say goodbye to some people. I'll probably never see most of them ever again. Only a small number actually come back repeatedly.
I then proceeded to clean the an suite bedrooms upstairs with the help of the young French woman works in our B&B a few days a week. She's really nice and humorous! Her English isn't the best, but it doesn't hold her back - she could basically be a long lost family member! However, I had to go around the place after her to make suree she hadn't forgotten anything... Which she had. I hate having to tell her she did this, that and the other wrong. I feel like such a nag. She won't learn if I don't, though.
Then, after lunch, Mam made us cut up plums for the jaam she's making tomorrow (she sells some in the local shops). Three freakin' boxes! It took 2hrs 30mins to 3hrs - no exageration. I now hate plums. The jam better feckin' turn out well tomorrow!

I had two proud moments today.

The first moment was when my best friend IMed me over Skype while I was cutting plums. She fucking kicked ass in her National Tests!!! All As! I felt she could do it from the amount of work she said she was putting into it all, but it's even better that she did get the marks thaat she deserved! 300 out of 320 points... It makes me smile. I'm so bloody proud of her, you'd swear she was my own child! Haha!
The second moment was when I was just having a chat with my little sister. And, Oh my God, she's growing up! No more is she stealing her twin brothers tractors and cars for herself (she was a Tom boy - still is a bit). No. Today I was trying to get it out of her did she like a lad at school. She didn't, but she caught on to all my dirty double meanings. When I was 12, I got hardly any of the stuff she gets. I think I'm a bad influence. Haha! So, I tried to catch her out.

Me:"Okay. You like none of the lads at school... So, how about actors?"
Sister: *Turns bright red* Gale from The Hunger Games. Liam Hemsworth. He's good looking.

We now plan to marry a Hemsworth brother each. Liam for her. Chris for me!
I love to see that I can joke with this sort of stuff with her now!

The day was alright after that, not too much jobs or whatever. I got time to breath! Oh, and to drop a few jokes about Liam on my little sister. She's currently not related to me! Lmao! XD

Anyway, t'is late and I've to get up at 7am to serve breakfast tomorrow. Dad is away at work, so can't help mam in the morning.

Nighty night! :) <3



No comments:

Post a Comment