Stand Up For Who You Are!

If someone tries to bring you down, hold your head higher & smile

People get picked on & bullied for many different things. It could be something as simple as the clothes you wear or your style of hair, to the colour of your skin or the person you choose to love, whether it be a man or a woman.
I'm one of those people. However, I just think I have a flashing neon sign above my head saying "Pick On Me!" as I've no idea why people choose to bully me. I'm just trying to be myself! And that's just it! No matter what you do, how many times you colour your hair, or change your clothing style, some people will just walk right over you.
So, what do we do?
We have to learn to stand up for ourselves, because it's our right to have the freedom to live as we are. We shouldn't have to change ourselves in any sort of way, except to gain a bit of confidence & build on our self esteem.

My blog is about how I try to be me, trying to be the best I can be!

I promise you this is not a super depressing blog, because I sure as hell ain't a depressed person, though, I do have my moments, just as everyone else does.
This is where I will be 100% myself, expressing my thoughts & feelings on different matters & also my daily life.

What I hope to do here on this blog, is to put a smile on your face &, hopefully, let you know it's okay to be yourself; to be proud of who you are!

If you do read my blog & you find that you find what I say has some truth to it, or my wackiness & randomness of my true self puts a good smile on your face, please don't hesitate to comment & let me know! Putting a smile on someone's face is always the best thing! It'd make my day! :)

Well, I hope you enjoy my blog... Have a good day! :)


Friday 8 June 2012

Smile! :)

What you may not know, from the direction of a lot of my posts, is that I can be quite a smiley person!

I feel that everyone should smile at least once a day & I don't mean that you should plaster a big fake grin across your face for five minutes.
No. I hate fake smiles.
I hate when I've to do it when I serve breakfast to the guests!
Like this morning, I was pissed off at mam for telling me how to do stuff which I already knew how to do perfectly and what I needed to do next, which I knew!
So I wasn't happy or smiley or whatever. I more than likely looked like I wanted to kick the shit into someone (possibly because I did! Haha!), but when I walked into the dinning room with tea and coffee I had to smile. It'd be really crap if I gave someone their tea and they looked up to say thank you, only to get a murderous stare in return. Yeah... Not a good way to run a business!
But I still don't like fake smiling. I can always feel the corners of my mouth trying to obey the force of gravity, as I try to fight it.
Gravity always wins the battle. I stop fighting as soon as I close the dinning room door.

I love when I talk to my friends and we have a bit of a laugh, and, then, they start to complain that their cheeks hurt from all the smiling and laughing.
I always say it's because they need to exercise their cheek muscles more!
The two of my closest friends it happens the most too, say I'm the only one that makes them smile enough to make their cheeks hurt.
It makes me happy to know this. I absolutely love making people smile or happy.
It makes me happy!
I love saying hello to random people and plastering a grin on their faces because of the sheer oddity of it all!
Or when I say "Hello! How are you?" to shopkeepers or shop attendants! There's always the odd dour ole feck that just says "hi." in response and doesn't even look at you, but a majority of them smile back and chat with you while you pay! Then as you walk away, you hear them give a chirpy "hello!" to the next customer! It makes me seriously happy!
Like, two weeks ago, I went to Galway with my three closest friends (that I go to school with). We went shopping and saw a film. We decided to get ice-cream in a cornershop on the way back to the bus station. The shop attendant was only a couple years older than ourselves, I'm guessing maybe late-teens to early twenties. I was the last of my friends to pay, so I justed did my usual "Hello! How are you?" & she literally looked up from the till, shocked.
"I'm fine, thank you very much for asking! You?"
She said it was nice to be asked. I figured not many did. They just walked in, payed, walked out.
I loved they way I sort of made her day, in a small way. I'll always remember her reaction and what she said. It fuels me to do it more often & just smile!

So make someone smile today and just say "Hello! How are you?" Doesn't matter who they are or if you even know them. You more than likely may never see them again, or, possibly, you may get a new friend out of it. I do it for the sheer happiness of seeing the smile on their face. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment