Stand Up For Who You Are!

If someone tries to bring you down, hold your head higher & smile

People get picked on & bullied for many different things. It could be something as simple as the clothes you wear or your style of hair, to the colour of your skin or the person you choose to love, whether it be a man or a woman.
I'm one of those people. However, I just think I have a flashing neon sign above my head saying "Pick On Me!" as I've no idea why people choose to bully me. I'm just trying to be myself! And that's just it! No matter what you do, how many times you colour your hair, or change your clothing style, some people will just walk right over you.
So, what do we do?
We have to learn to stand up for ourselves, because it's our right to have the freedom to live as we are. We shouldn't have to change ourselves in any sort of way, except to gain a bit of confidence & build on our self esteem.

My blog is about how I try to be me, trying to be the best I can be!

I promise you this is not a super depressing blog, because I sure as hell ain't a depressed person, though, I do have my moments, just as everyone else does.
This is where I will be 100% myself, expressing my thoughts & feelings on different matters & also my daily life.

What I hope to do here on this blog, is to put a smile on your face &, hopefully, let you know it's okay to be yourself; to be proud of who you are!

If you do read my blog & you find that you find what I say has some truth to it, or my wackiness & randomness of my true self puts a good smile on your face, please don't hesitate to comment & let me know! Putting a smile on someone's face is always the best thing! It'd make my day! :)

Well, I hope you enjoy my blog... Have a good day! :)


Sunday 17 June 2012

My Day Today!

I don't know really what to say, except I know I want to say something. So I'll speak about my day!
My day was pretty good overall, however, I was really tired this morning. I then started to feel sick, so Mam let me go lay down in bed instead of working. Mam reckons it may be my iron tablets (I'm slightly anaemic) that are making me feel ill. I've been taking them more lately because I've been feeling light headed more &, on top of that, I'm on my period. One of the side effects of the tablets is that you can feel nauseous, so I won't take one tomorrow. I actually slept until 1.30pm because of that!

Later, Mam headed off to town with my sister and got some Father's Day gifts for Dad. I already got him a huge card, but I asked my sister to buy him Butler's chocolates for me & Iwould pay her back. She was going to buy him a book. I think it's called The Lost Symbol. It's one of those Da Vinci Code books. By Darren Brown, I think. But, they didn't have it in stock. I don't know what she got him now, instead. I'd say she ordered in the book though.

After dinner, Mam, my sister and my brother went back into town to the small local theatre to see Snow White and the Huntsman. Meanwhile, I finished whatever jobs I had to do & then skyped IM. It was great to talk to her! I felt awkward at first though. I don't know why. It was okay after a few minutes, though. I'm so glad to just chat with her. I had so much to say, but I forgot. -_-" I have to learn to make a list before we talk! Plus we get so easily distracted! Like I think we were having a little rant about younger kids having mobile phones and the like and we ended up talking about Polly Pocket and the old toy sales at school. I love it though. There isn't many people I can just talk like that to.
I had to hang up on her, though, when her mam and partner came to my house. I still find it funny how they came over to Ireland at different times, with only a week or two between when IM was here. Her mams doing some work over here, so it isn't all holiday anyway, so I guess it's understandable. Anyway, I talked with her mam, A, and her mam's partner, P, until around 10pm when they went to bed. I've always loved A and it was so great to see her, but I'd never met P before. I like him. It makes me smile when he jokes around a bit with A. I like seeing her face light up. It's so cute! God, I almost started crying. Like happy tears. I'm such a wuss! I'm just happy for her.

And the tears start again. I seriously need to man up or something! I don't ususally do this. Haha!

Anyway, I'm off to bed! Busy day tomorrow! :) Sleep well all of you and have a good day tomorrow
Goodnight! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment