Stand Up For Who You Are!

If someone tries to bring you down, hold your head higher & smile

People get picked on & bullied for many different things. It could be something as simple as the clothes you wear or your style of hair, to the colour of your skin or the person you choose to love, whether it be a man or a woman.
I'm one of those people. However, I just think I have a flashing neon sign above my head saying "Pick On Me!" as I've no idea why people choose to bully me. I'm just trying to be myself! And that's just it! No matter what you do, how many times you colour your hair, or change your clothing style, some people will just walk right over you.
So, what do we do?
We have to learn to stand up for ourselves, because it's our right to have the freedom to live as we are. We shouldn't have to change ourselves in any sort of way, except to gain a bit of confidence & build on our self esteem.

My blog is about how I try to be me, trying to be the best I can be!

I promise you this is not a super depressing blog, because I sure as hell ain't a depressed person, though, I do have my moments, just as everyone else does.
This is where I will be 100% myself, expressing my thoughts & feelings on different matters & also my daily life.

What I hope to do here on this blog, is to put a smile on your face &, hopefully, let you know it's okay to be yourself; to be proud of who you are!

If you do read my blog & you find that you find what I say has some truth to it, or my wackiness & randomness of my true self puts a good smile on your face, please don't hesitate to comment & let me know! Putting a smile on someone's face is always the best thing! It'd make my day! :)

Well, I hope you enjoy my blog... Have a good day! :)


Friday 22 June 2012

I'm Sorry

I'm Sorry.
I really, truly, am.
I'm sorry that I can't be beside you; that I can't hold you when you need to be held.
I'm sorry that I can't understand everything; that I can't see what you're going through like you do.
I want to. I really do.
And, then, I'll know what to say.
I won't fuck up - well, as much - and make it worse.
I won't struggle for words, wondering,
"What do I say now? How can I help?"
I'm sorry this all happened to you.
With all my heart, I wish it was me, instead, who had to suffer & not you.
I'm sorry there is still times you still have to battle with your sword & shield, protecting yourself, standing alone.
I'm sorry I can't fight by your side &, with one slash of my sword, rid you of the enemy for good.
I wish, with my river of tears that I've cried for you, I could wash every bad memory away.
But I can't & I'm sorry for that too.
 But, most of all, I'm sorry that I'm not always the friend I should be.
I can't be right there, however the amount I wish that I was.
I'm sorry that I don't know what to say.
Or, rather I do, but I just don't know how to say it.
Or I feel that I'll ask it too often.
Or, maybe, I'll ask it at the wrong time and never at the right time.
They're always on the tip of my thing, those words,
"How are you feeling?"
But I always choose
"How are you?"
instead, though the phrase is too loose in it's meaning.
It's not the same.
I'm sorry for that too.
I'm sorry I over-think things; I worry way too much; that I can be a paranoid freak - it doesn't help one bit at all.
I read too much into every little detail, which causes more problems than good.
That, I'm greatly sorry for.

But, what I'm not sorry about is meeting you.
I'm not sorry one bit about that.
You are the most gorgeous, most beautiful person I have ever - will ever - know, inside and out.
I'm not sorry for dragging my family to a foreign country, unknown to us all, just to see you.
It was one of the best things I ever did.
I'm not sorry that I'l always be here for you.
I may not be as close as I want to be, but I'm here all the same.
I'm not sorry that I'm always ready to listen, even if I can't ask the questions I need to.
I'll always be ready to learn and try and understand better, &, so, I'll know better for next time around.
I'm not sorry for the amount of tears I let fall for you.
It reminds me of who matters most.
I'm not sorry for the amount that I love you.
And I will always love you.
You'll always be my friend.
The one that matters most.
And I'll never - ever -be sorry for that.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment