Stand Up For Who You Are!

If someone tries to bring you down, hold your head higher & smile

People get picked on & bullied for many different things. It could be something as simple as the clothes you wear or your style of hair, to the colour of your skin or the person you choose to love, whether it be a man or a woman.
I'm one of those people. However, I just think I have a flashing neon sign above my head saying "Pick On Me!" as I've no idea why people choose to bully me. I'm just trying to be myself! And that's just it! No matter what you do, how many times you colour your hair, or change your clothing style, some people will just walk right over you.
So, what do we do?
We have to learn to stand up for ourselves, because it's our right to have the freedom to live as we are. We shouldn't have to change ourselves in any sort of way, except to gain a bit of confidence & build on our self esteem.

My blog is about how I try to be me, trying to be the best I can be!

I promise you this is not a super depressing blog, because I sure as hell ain't a depressed person, though, I do have my moments, just as everyone else does.
This is where I will be 100% myself, expressing my thoughts & feelings on different matters & also my daily life.

What I hope to do here on this blog, is to put a smile on your face &, hopefully, let you know it's okay to be yourself; to be proud of who you are!

If you do read my blog & you find that you find what I say has some truth to it, or my wackiness & randomness of my true self puts a good smile on your face, please don't hesitate to comment & let me know! Putting a smile on someone's face is always the best thing! It'd make my day! :)

Well, I hope you enjoy my blog... Have a good day! :)


Wednesday 27 June 2012

Overreacting, But Still....!

Oh, my God! I'm actually really pissed off!!!
My good friend, J, says she got a belly button piercing. R, another good friend, says she was with her. This has been over mail on Facebook. I believe neither of them.
I really hope they're joking.
I'll fecking kill them if they're joking!
I really hate belly button piercings. They look lovely - sure, I'd have one myself if that was just it - but they can be so dangerous sometimes.
If someone hits you in the stomach, you're going to be in so much pain. There have been a few cases where belly button piercings have caused life threatening damage to the body of wearers during car accidents, from being hit by someone or getting caught in something. It's too freakin' dangerous to have no matter how "small" the chance may be of you getting hurt.
This is a good example of the small but scary risks. I've read others.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/wales/south_east/7020936.stm

Then the even more common stuff would be the infections, though I do know not everyone gets them...

Risks

Hepatitis and HIV are the more serious, but rare, risks involved with your bellybutton piercing. More common risks include infection, thick scarring known as keloids, nerve damage and an allergic reaction to the jewelry. Bacterial endocarditis, an infection of the surface of the heart, is a risk if you have a moderate to high-risk cardiac condition, according to American Family Physician. Your body could also reject the piercing.


Side Effects

Bleeding, localized swelling, tenderness and bruising are normal side effects during the initial healing process, according to the Association of Professional Piercers. While your piercing heals, you may experience some discoloration, itching or a secretion of a white-yellow color. See your doctor if you have a foul-smelling, yellow secretion coming from your piercing or you develop a fever.


Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/127699-bellybutton-piercing/#ixzz1ywRHy5vz

On top of all this, I'm 90% sure they're fucking with me.
They better be.
But I'm probably going to be so pissed off if they are. I don't find it funny at all.
If she isn't I don't know what I'll say. She has never, ever, mentioned wanting one before nor doe she seem like the type of girl to have one. Like, we live in Ireland, for Christs sake! When is she even going to be even showing it off, if we don't even have the weather to wear bellytops and the like???
She doesn't even wear that sort of clothes. This is way out of her character. I don't really believe it, but why joke about it? They could obviously tell I was pissed off. I've never been that well at hiding that I'm angry. Ugh! I don't know what I'm going to say Thursday!!!!

3 comments:

  1. haha.. yup. Over reaction!! :)
    Im thinking about getting one aaswell! Me and D were planning on getting one spontaniously when my mum was in Ireland... then we realised how expensive it is... -_- but we're still planning!! :)

    Its nice that you care... but soemtimes you jsut haev to let some thigns go, let people do what they want! :)
    Be a little spontanious yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep forgetting to hit "reply" than "add comment". -_-
      Can't be bothered to type it out again, my reply is below lol

      Delete
  2. Yeah, I know you've always wanted one, but I still think they are too dangerous to have, no matter how "small" the chance of anything bad happening...
    Like, I would consider having one myself if they weren't so risky!
    However, what I think pissed me off the most, was that I felt that they were fucking me over & they were. It seriously angers me that they found my reaction hilarious (J even said it). I resisted the urge to give out to her.
    I think you'd look good with a belly button, but just read up on infection & all the dangers of having one, before you get it, okay???

    ReplyDelete