Stand Up For Who You Are!

If someone tries to bring you down, hold your head higher & smile

People get picked on & bullied for many different things. It could be something as simple as the clothes you wear or your style of hair, to the colour of your skin or the person you choose to love, whether it be a man or a woman.
I'm one of those people. However, I just think I have a flashing neon sign above my head saying "Pick On Me!" as I've no idea why people choose to bully me. I'm just trying to be myself! And that's just it! No matter what you do, how many times you colour your hair, or change your clothing style, some people will just walk right over you.
So, what do we do?
We have to learn to stand up for ourselves, because it's our right to have the freedom to live as we are. We shouldn't have to change ourselves in any sort of way, except to gain a bit of confidence & build on our self esteem.

My blog is about how I try to be me, trying to be the best I can be!

I promise you this is not a super depressing blog, because I sure as hell ain't a depressed person, though, I do have my moments, just as everyone else does.
This is where I will be 100% myself, expressing my thoughts & feelings on different matters & also my daily life.

What I hope to do here on this blog, is to put a smile on your face &, hopefully, let you know it's okay to be yourself; to be proud of who you are!

If you do read my blog & you find that you find what I say has some truth to it, or my wackiness & randomness of my true self puts a good smile on your face, please don't hesitate to comment & let me know! Putting a smile on someone's face is always the best thing! It'd make my day! :)

Well, I hope you enjoy my blog... Have a good day! :)


Sunday 17 March 2013

It's Been a While...

It has, hasn't it?
So much has happened since September... Good & bad.

For instance, that job offer I mentioned in my last post? Well, I had the job in the cafe for all of roughly 3 weeks. The owner decided since I was going on holidays to America over Christmas, she didn't have much use for me, so told me I could go back in February... Fair to say I did not return.
However... I went to America! Woo! Colorado :D I love that place so much! I highly recommended the state as a holiday destination... It's lovely at Christmas.

In October, I finally broke up with K, my boyfriend. He didn't take it that well, which is understandable, but we still don't talk anymore. I found that he can be a bit of an asshole. He put me on the guilt trip for a good while which was a horrid experience...
But, during mid-Janurary, a close friend of mine, DA, told me he liked me! I mean, really liked me. It just so happened I quite happened to really like him too & we've been going out ever since. :) he's such a cute little sweetheart ^_^

I've lost two friends, J & R, over a stupid fight. However, from the way things look & have gone, I really doubt they were my friends in the first place. It'll take too long to explain, but it's honestly a whole load of immaturity on their behalf & stupidity. So much so, it makes me so angry just thinking about it. I want to smash their heads together. This happened over a month ago, I'd say, but, because D, another close friend of mine, played neutral in the whole thing, she's still caught between the two groups, (A & myself vs J & R), so we tend to be around each other, especially because our school is so small. I can't go a day of school without being reminded of it & I can't even tell D how I feel most of the time because she, understandably, doesn't want to hear about the fight. This is difficult for myself, though. There's a lot of mind games & it gets to me at times... So it angers me a little that she won't just let me talk it out to her. If it was me, I'd put aside my feelings & what my thoughts were, just to let her vent...
I might explain the whole thing another day. It's just a long story.

I do know who my real friends are now though; A, IM (Swedish friend), D & my boyfriend DA. EMA is another person I would consider a very good friend. :)
As mam said, life has it's way of filtering people out. Those that stick around are the people worth keeping.

Other things have happened but nothing overly important. I shall be blogging once again every so often so watch this spot :P

Shauna <3

No comments:

Post a Comment