Stand Up For Who You Are!

If someone tries to bring you down, hold your head higher & smile

People get picked on & bullied for many different things. It could be something as simple as the clothes you wear or your style of hair, to the colour of your skin or the person you choose to love, whether it be a man or a woman.
I'm one of those people. However, I just think I have a flashing neon sign above my head saying "Pick On Me!" as I've no idea why people choose to bully me. I'm just trying to be myself! And that's just it! No matter what you do, how many times you colour your hair, or change your clothing style, some people will just walk right over you.
So, what do we do?
We have to learn to stand up for ourselves, because it's our right to have the freedom to live as we are. We shouldn't have to change ourselves in any sort of way, except to gain a bit of confidence & build on our self esteem.

My blog is about how I try to be me, trying to be the best I can be!

I promise you this is not a super depressing blog, because I sure as hell ain't a depressed person, though, I do have my moments, just as everyone else does.
This is where I will be 100% myself, expressing my thoughts & feelings on different matters & also my daily life.

What I hope to do here on this blog, is to put a smile on your face &, hopefully, let you know it's okay to be yourself; to be proud of who you are!

If you do read my blog & you find that you find what I say has some truth to it, or my wackiness & randomness of my true self puts a good smile on your face, please don't hesitate to comment & let me know! Putting a smile on someone's face is always the best thing! It'd make my day! :)

Well, I hope you enjoy my blog... Have a good day! :)


Monday 24 September 2012

Job Offer! :D

FINALLY, after searching for a job since February, I've gotten a job offer for part-time in a local cafe.
I'm so freakin' happy! I had originally hoped for a summer job & had given up once school had started. However, I swear someone is looking out for me up there. The popular cafe in town had notices put up around the school for a "weekend job, suitable for students 16 & over". My friends & I ripped down all the notices, so no one else would even dare to ask for the job, if others already had. We weren't exactly playing fair, but it's too late now! Haha! XD
I had gone in last Wednesday, before rugby training, & handed in my CV, trying to not act all weird - sort of hard since "weird" comes au natural to me! I must have succeeded though as I just received an email from one of the owners. She wants to know would I be interested in working, starting around the mid-term break in October... WOO!!!!
The only problem I have now is whether I'll be here at home or not, then. My parents plan to go up to see my extended family, up where they're from. I sort of want to go too...
Scrap all that! Dad just came into my room. He said we won't be going up if I want to work... I feel sort of guilty that they're going to change the family plans just for me. We haven't seen any of my nannies, aunties, uncles or cousins in months! I'm happy at the same time too, though. Hopefully I won't work the bank holiday weekend & we can still visit my family.
We'll see how things work out, but, firstly, I'll have email the cafe to say I'd feckin' love to work for them!!!
Well, in a more mannerly way, of course! :P haha!
I just hope now that I can keep up with the pressure of school on top of the job... I'll find out, I guess!

Anyway, goodnight! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment