Stand Up For Who You Are!

If someone tries to bring you down, hold your head higher & smile

People get picked on & bullied for many different things. It could be something as simple as the clothes you wear or your style of hair, to the colour of your skin or the person you choose to love, whether it be a man or a woman.
I'm one of those people. However, I just think I have a flashing neon sign above my head saying "Pick On Me!" as I've no idea why people choose to bully me. I'm just trying to be myself! And that's just it! No matter what you do, how many times you colour your hair, or change your clothing style, some people will just walk right over you.
So, what do we do?
We have to learn to stand up for ourselves, because it's our right to have the freedom to live as we are. We shouldn't have to change ourselves in any sort of way, except to gain a bit of confidence & build on our self esteem.

My blog is about how I try to be me, trying to be the best I can be!

I promise you this is not a super depressing blog, because I sure as hell ain't a depressed person, though, I do have my moments, just as everyone else does.
This is where I will be 100% myself, expressing my thoughts & feelings on different matters & also my daily life.

What I hope to do here on this blog, is to put a smile on your face &, hopefully, let you know it's okay to be yourself; to be proud of who you are!

If you do read my blog & you find that you find what I say has some truth to it, or my wackiness & randomness of my true self puts a good smile on your face, please don't hesitate to comment & let me know! Putting a smile on someone's face is always the best thing! It'd make my day! :)

Well, I hope you enjoy my blog... Have a good day! :)


Sunday 24 March 2013

Standing Out in the Cold

I've spent the day bloody freezing!

Mam, my sister & I went to a market in town & were selling jams, cakes & brownies - all homemade! The wind was terrible & the cold bit into us. My feet were sore, as they had turned into a pair of icicles. I ended up sticking hand warmers into my shoes in order to hear them up a bit - it didn't work overly well.
We didnt really sell much. I mean, we did better than a lot of stalls, but people were more interested in the horses (the market was part of a thing were they were selling ponies) & didn't even bother to give us a glance. Not exactly encouraging. Especially if you're freezing.
I did, however, get my Year Head (the teacher that looks after my year group at school) to buy 3 brownies. She's awesome!
Overall, apart from being freezing & ignored, I think I had a good time. The women at the stalls around were good humoured & really nice to chat to :) Like there was a group of elderly & middle-aged women next to us & they were such good craic! Because we were so cold my sister & I started jumping & sort of dancing to keep warm. I looked over & one of the women was dancing! She saw me smiling & started laughing. There was small moments like that throughout the day. It was really nice :)

So, I feel that it was worthwhile, apart from the cold :)

No comments:

Post a Comment