Stand Up For Who You Are!

If someone tries to bring you down, hold your head higher & smile

People get picked on & bullied for many different things. It could be something as simple as the clothes you wear or your style of hair, to the colour of your skin or the person you choose to love, whether it be a man or a woman.
I'm one of those people. However, I just think I have a flashing neon sign above my head saying "Pick On Me!" as I've no idea why people choose to bully me. I'm just trying to be myself! And that's just it! No matter what you do, how many times you colour your hair, or change your clothing style, some people will just walk right over you.
So, what do we do?
We have to learn to stand up for ourselves, because it's our right to have the freedom to live as we are. We shouldn't have to change ourselves in any sort of way, except to gain a bit of confidence & build on our self esteem.

My blog is about how I try to be me, trying to be the best I can be!

I promise you this is not a super depressing blog, because I sure as hell ain't a depressed person, though, I do have my moments, just as everyone else does.
This is where I will be 100% myself, expressing my thoughts & feelings on different matters & also my daily life.

What I hope to do here on this blog, is to put a smile on your face &, hopefully, let you know it's okay to be yourself; to be proud of who you are!

If you do read my blog & you find that you find what I say has some truth to it, or my wackiness & randomness of my true self puts a good smile on your face, please don't hesitate to comment & let me know! Putting a smile on someone's face is always the best thing! It'd make my day! :)

Well, I hope you enjoy my blog... Have a good day! :)


Thursday 30 August 2012

The Events of Today!

Overall, school was alright today. I was happy to see my friends & talk to them & the likes, but, like I had thought I would, I'm going to have to do Geography... I hate the teacher we have. I had him for four years & was more talk rather than action. I'm seriously going to have to study to insure I can do the best I possibly can! I want to get at least a B2 (a B grade in US terms, I think), in Honours Level. So, there's to be no messing the next two years!
   Also, Art & Design Communication Graphics are scheduled to be on at the same time, so I had to pick one of the other. I decided on Art, as it's required to do, to get into the college course I want to do. However, DCG is also looked highly upon, as well, as the subject is basically based on the idea of Graphic Design & Visual Communications, so I'm pissed that I couldn't do that. I even asked the Career Guidance Councillor whether I could do it outside school, or at least another way & she said it was not recommended at all. Plus I would need to be supervised by a teacher when doing the project section of the exam, over a number of weeks & I wouldn't have that at home!
   When we arrived at school, it was found that all our lockers had been cleared out & rearranged. We were to pay €10 for a new locker! This was totally new. Originally we payed €5 the very first day in First Year, when we start secondary school & then have that locker for the next six years. We thought that was great. Cheap & easy! However, now, that won't be the case we'll have to pay €10 every year & be assigned new lockers. A heads up would have been nice! I mean, back in May, before we left for the summer. That way we would have had our lockers cleared out, instead of looking for our books today, throughout the school! Some of us were lucky, like myself, where all of our books where put in plastic bags with our names on them, or, piled up neatly. However, some weren't as lucky. I know some people have important books missing & others can't find any of their stuff at all! So much for thinking that your schoolbooks were safer left in your locker!
   One good thing today was that I did get three of the four subjects that I wanted, Art, Physics & French. Even better is that I just may have the best French teacher in the school! I really hope so. She's an excellent teacher. Plus, she's so bloody sound!

Also, today, I got a job offer from Supervalu, the local supermarket. Typical since summer is now over! I was really happy though, but then I found out that it would be 3/4 days a week, one day possibly being on the weekend, while the others would be after school, 5 - 9pm. This means I could have serious problems with trying to study & get homework done... Ugh! So, after talking with some of my friends & Mam & Dad, I'm going to call the manager back tomorrow & tell her the problem, but also mention that I'd be willing to work Friday evenings, weekends & school holidays. So, hopefully, that'll help me out somewhat & I'll see what she says.

Well, that's it for today!
Goodnight <3

No comments:

Post a Comment