Stand Up For Who You Are!

If someone tries to bring you down, hold your head higher & smile

People get picked on & bullied for many different things. It could be something as simple as the clothes you wear or your style of hair, to the colour of your skin or the person you choose to love, whether it be a man or a woman.
I'm one of those people. However, I just think I have a flashing neon sign above my head saying "Pick On Me!" as I've no idea why people choose to bully me. I'm just trying to be myself! And that's just it! No matter what you do, how many times you colour your hair, or change your clothing style, some people will just walk right over you.
So, what do we do?
We have to learn to stand up for ourselves, because it's our right to have the freedom to live as we are. We shouldn't have to change ourselves in any sort of way, except to gain a bit of confidence & build on our self esteem.

My blog is about how I try to be me, trying to be the best I can be!

I promise you this is not a super depressing blog, because I sure as hell ain't a depressed person, though, I do have my moments, just as everyone else does.
This is where I will be 100% myself, expressing my thoughts & feelings on different matters & also my daily life.

What I hope to do here on this blog, is to put a smile on your face &, hopefully, let you know it's okay to be yourself; to be proud of who you are!

If you do read my blog & you find that you find what I say has some truth to it, or my wackiness & randomness of my true self puts a good smile on your face, please don't hesitate to comment & let me know! Putting a smile on someone's face is always the best thing! It'd make my day! :)

Well, I hope you enjoy my blog... Have a good day! :)


Sunday 5 August 2012

Some Friends They Are...

I've been pissed off since yesterday evening with two of my closest friends, R & J.
Why? Well, because I've been looking for a summer job since February & I just can't seem to get one. J asked her mam if there was any job going for the last few weeks of the holiday, in the hotel she works for. I was told there would be a job Sunday nights, from 6pm to maybe 10-11pm. This would be once the college students go back studying, once I was back to school.

I was unsure, so I mentioned it to Dad & Mam. Dad didn't want me working on Sundays at all at first, but, then, settled for working until 7pm on a Sunday night.
His logic was that, because I'd most possibly be on wash-up and/or waiting in the restaurant, I'd be way too tired the following Monday morning for school, if I was working until 11pm the night before.

To be honest, I agree with him. By the time I would get home & actually get to bed it would be 12am or after & then I'd have to get up at 6.45am as I get the bus to school. I figure I  would be able to do that for a few months, but, eventually it'd be too much with tests and study.

So, I said this to J what Dad said, but not that I agreed with him. It was on Facebook mail where you can have numerous recipients, so R could see too. I asked about Saturdays, if there was any jobs then, as I could work late Saturday nights, as Dad said it was alright & I sure didn't mind myself,or even during the day on Sundays. J said no. However, J & R couldn't seem to get why I wouldn't just take Sunday nights on wash-up or whatever. I had already explained about Dad & his valid reasons, but I mentioned it again.

At first the two girls were joking saying I should ask Dad to pay me the money I'm missing out on at the hotel, since I can't take the job. I didn't really mind that too much at all. However, then it escalated to, "You want the job? Then take it! Your dad won't be the one working." I had made it clear at this point that what Dad says goes in our house, unless you were looking for huge trouble. I was not & I had mentioned at this point to to J & R that I thought he was right in what he was saying, even though I did want to work.

Then, apparently, I had an attitude & that I wouldn't get any job with it. Like, what?! I don't have a problem with doing the job or working late any day, but it just happens I have school the following morning, so Dad said I wouldn't be allowed to work. That's not me having an attitude, that's my Dad being right. I obviously didn't say all that, though. I asked why.

I was told I was being fussy. That no one would want to hire anyone that was going to be fussy about their hours of work. Uh, what? First off, I'm 16, almost 17. If this was in the middle of the summer holidays, my dad wouldn't care what day or time I worked to, but this would be during school & would possibly affect me at school. So he said no. I got his point & didn't want want to get in trouble with him anyway, so I asked if there was other hours going. I wasn't being fussy! These girls should know about me & what my dad says at home. We've been close friends for four years now. Plus, I've even said before I'd try any job - even wash-up, but if Dad says no, Dad says no. Part time job or education? Even without Dad saying anything, I know what I'd choose.

J, herself, is stopping work, on Saturdays at the end of September, so she can study more & have time to relax. We are in the same year at school, with two years left. We both want high point courses, so why doesn't she get it of all people? She said before, the stress of school & working on the weekends doesn't go well together. Yet, she couldn't seem to get what my Dad was saying and called me fussy & said I had an attitude. I don't get her!

These two girls are meant two be two of my closest friends, but they've made me so mad & upset. I know now that I won't get any job until next summer, but they pointed out that working younger looks good on my CV. I know that & I've the B&B to stand for me. I've been helping in the B&B since I can remember. I began serving breakfast to guests when I was twelve & I'd been cleaning bedrooms with my mam for years before that. That's better than two years in the Paper Shop & a restaurant. It wasn't as if I wasn't looking to work anyway. I'm sure that majority of businesses in town have had my CV from earlier on in the year. Things just weren't busy though, so not many people were picked up.

So, yeah, I'm pissed off with the two girls. At the end, I told them I understood that they were trying to help and all, but Dad said I can't work late on Sundays during the school term. I told them I appreciated their help though & left a smiley face & a heart, trying to ease things up, but I received no reply. They obviously had seen the message (Facebook indicates whether & which person has read a mail or not). J mailed later asking if the 25th was good for a night out we were planning, earlier today, but when I replied, her messages weren't exactly overly friendly. R was reading the messages, but wasn't replying.

This really annoys the shit out of me! They aren't acting like my best friends at all right now, not even normal friends. It didn't even seem as if they were helping me. I'm starting ti think I should just consider D & IM as my close friends any more. I never get into anything like this with them, yet with R & J something happens from time to time I've found. Immature silliness.

I just needed to get all this out of my system... I feel slightly better now... Slightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment