Stand Up For Who You Are!

If someone tries to bring you down, hold your head higher & smile

People get picked on & bullied for many different things. It could be something as simple as the clothes you wear or your style of hair, to the colour of your skin or the person you choose to love, whether it be a man or a woman.
I'm one of those people. However, I just think I have a flashing neon sign above my head saying "Pick On Me!" as I've no idea why people choose to bully me. I'm just trying to be myself! And that's just it! No matter what you do, how many times you colour your hair, or change your clothing style, some people will just walk right over you.
So, what do we do?
We have to learn to stand up for ourselves, because it's our right to have the freedom to live as we are. We shouldn't have to change ourselves in any sort of way, except to gain a bit of confidence & build on our self esteem.

My blog is about how I try to be me, trying to be the best I can be!

I promise you this is not a super depressing blog, because I sure as hell ain't a depressed person, though, I do have my moments, just as everyone else does.
This is where I will be 100% myself, expressing my thoughts & feelings on different matters & also my daily life.

What I hope to do here on this blog, is to put a smile on your face &, hopefully, let you know it's okay to be yourself; to be proud of who you are!

If you do read my blog & you find that you find what I say has some truth to it, or my wackiness & randomness of my true self puts a good smile on your face, please don't hesitate to comment & let me know! Putting a smile on someone's face is always the best thing! It'd make my day! :)

Well, I hope you enjoy my blog... Have a good day! :)


Saturday 25 August 2012

Stand Up For Yourself!

Standing up for yourself can be one of the most terrifying, yet brave things you can do.

I can recall one time that I truly stood up for myself.
   It must be a year ago now. We were in the locker room in school. I was sitting on the floor with my friends, while she & a few of our mutual friends were getting books for the morning classes. I was telling the girls I would do it.
    I called her name. She turned to look at me, a fake smile plastered across her face. I'm sure mine looked similar, though, my whole body shook with nerves & fear.
   I told her I had heard what she had said about me. I watched, satisfied, as the corners of her mouth dropped. She acted as if she had no idea what I was talking about.
   "The walls have ears y'know."
   I loved watching her squirm! I had imagined the whole thing out the night before. All the different scenarios. Never did I think that I would actually make her feel so uncomfortable.
   She kept denying it. However, I knew she had being commenting about how it looked as if I had a moustache. One of our mutual friends had told me, J. So, I told her if she ever did have something on her chest & wanted to tell me, I was all ears.
   She repeated that she didn't say anything. She was getting agitated, banging her locker.
   "Relax," is what I had said, earning a death glare. I remember a smirk curling the corners of my mouth. The shake in my voice was long gone. "I'm just saying, if you do, come talk to me. We're friends, aren't we?" My voice was thick with sarcasm.
   She had her back to me, opening her locker again.
   "Look at me. If you're not lying, you can at least look me in the eyes and say it."
   She never did look me in the eyes, though she did storm out of the room. I recall words being passed between us just before she left, but I can't remember what was said. I do remember the sheer joy, as she left the room.
   I had stood up for myself!
   I remember J & R laughing, saying that it was the best thing ever. They loved seeing how she got caught out. D had asked for an explanation, as she hadn't heard what had been said the day before.
   I was still shaking. I had stood up to talk to her, so, leaning against the wall, I slid to the ground. Utter relief passed through me.  It was one of the best feelings I have ever had! I couldn't believe I had done it, but I had & I was so damn proud of myself.

So, stand up for yourself.
Fight back with words!
Think ahead, use your brain!
Your nerves & fears will subside as you watch them struggle.
Don't let them push you around anymore!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment